Toddler Sense - By Ann Richardson
Toddlers experience the world through their senses.
Learn about your toddler's sensory profile and how it affects development, behaviour, feeding, tantrums, sleep and discipline. Updated and expanded with loads of practical tips.
Toddlerhood is a time of tremendous growth and development. It is also a time of tantrums and conflict. Knowing what constitutes normal toddler behaviour will help you accept and respect this and go a long way towards effective, guilt-free and realistic parenting.
Your toddler learns though his senses - to guide him, you need to practise wisdom with sense.The Toddler Sense book is now fully updated and expanded to include the latest relevant research, this ever popular follow up to Baby Sense tells you how to:
- Recognise and understand your toddler's unique sensory profile;
- Manage stimulation to avoid overload;
- Solve bedtime battles with age-appropriate sleep-training;
- Discipline with love and a sense of humour;
- Follow a sensible approach to toilet training;
- Monitor and encourage development;
- Feed your toddler and manage fussy eating in the toddler years;
- Recognise learning disorders for early intervention.
Paperback, 178 pages